Saturday, December 11, 2010

Comments for teachers Summary 4

It can happen
The 4th teacher Blog that I had the opportunity to comment on was Jackson Bryan.
He is a suburbanite teacher working at his old high school, exploring gifted and techno-learning with younger children. he is a former middle-distance runner, current guitar enthusiast, sometime reader, sometime writer, wannabe pirate and graduate of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

The first Blog I read was KAPOW: Sir Ken Robinson Blows Donya’s Mind This class is given me knowledge that I could use to educate my students. We should teach our students with a more realistic, real world approach. Not just give them the book value, but also life value. Like he said, I was taught and told the same thing “if you work hard, do well, and go to college, you will get a good job.” I am one of those who do not believe this to be true. When I was in grade school I did believe that to be true but as Sir Ken Robinson stated “I was educated”. Some people do not have a diploma or a degree, and own their own business. Another thing was that every child may be around the same age, but they all learn at a different pace and in a different ways.

The Second blog was The Silver Bullet in Teaching Mathematics: Computer What you think? He really made me understand that math is more than just calculating. I am a fan of technology and computer, but my big doubt is what will happen when the network crashes and they are not able to use computers? Or when they are taking a timed test and have nothing but pencil and paper? no calculator or computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment